We have collected some helpful online resources. Please note that although we believe these sites to be helpful, the sites are developed and maintained by other organizations. We do not control the information or presentation of any material on those sites and consequently do not necessarily condone or endorse any information, viewpoint or opinions they present.
Family Information & Helpful Tips
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- 10 Early Warning Signs of Parkinson’s Disease, National Parkinson’s Disease Foundation
- Catholic Health Association – A national directory of Catholic health and eldercare providers
- Covenant Health – A Catholic health care system sponsoring hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living residences and other health and elder services throughout New England, including Youville Assisted Living
- LeadingAge – Provides education and advocacy for not-for-profit organizations that serve older adults. LeadingAge offers tips on choosing facilities and services as well as a searchable directory for consumers and family caregivers.
- LeadingAge Massachusetts – A statewide organization representing the entire continuum of mission-driven not-for-profit healthcare providers, housing and services for the elderly. Also provides education, advocacy and leadership on health and social service issues important to older adults.
- Massachusetts Consumer Guide – The Massachusetts Department of Public Health provides this PDF guide to help your family address questions and concerns when seeking long-term and nursing home care.
- Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Association – Provides education, advocacy and support for individuals with dementia, their family members and professionals.
- The Massachusetts Assisted Living Association – A non-profit association devoted to supporting the establishment and operation of quality assisted living residences in Massachusetts that provide appropriate supportive housing and services for individuals with varied needs and income levels.
The cost of care, level of care and services required, and payment methods all vary greatly. Our Admissions Director is available to answer your questions about knowledgeable Private pay, private health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care insurance and secondary payers.
- CMS – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services & Health and Human Services
- Medicare information is available at www.medicare.gov.
- Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that helps with medical costs for people with limited income and resources. For more information, visit www.medicaid.gov.
- Caregiver Action Network is the nation’s leading family caregiver organization working to improve the quality of life for the more than 90 million Americans who care for loved ones with chronic conditions, disabilities, disease, or the frailties of old age. Learn more at Caregiver Action Network – healthfinder.gov.
- Caregiving is an important activity. But that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. Let the Family Caregiver Council help. Here you’ll find resources and support from today’s leading authorities in caregiving for the many issues and challenges that arise. Together, we can make a world of difference for you as well as your loved one. For more information, visit Family Caregiver Council – A trusted family resource.